Office Reopening | A Letter to our patients
An update to our patients:
We will be opening soon! Please look for continued communications announcing a reopening date.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: HollowBrook Dental’s commitment to your safety!
At HollowBrook Dental, infection control has always been a top priority and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
HollowBrook follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
Here are the steps and changes we have made to help protect our patients and staff:
- Before your appointment, our office will communicate with you to ask some screening questions over the phone. You’ll be asked those same questions again and your temperature will be taken at your arrival to the office.
- If possible and unless necessary, please limit extra companions coming along with you to your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, as well as time to thoroughly clean and sanitize in-between appointments. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car until we are ready for you to be seen. From your car, please notify us that you have arrived by calling the office at 719-633-0049. You will then see a team member come out to your car to take your temperature using a no-contact, infrared thermometer and ask you a few screening questions. We will then ask that you please wait in your car until you receive a call back from us that you are able to enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Staff will be wearing facemasks while in contact with patients and we encourage all patients to wear a facemask of their own when entering and when leaving their appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 719-633-0049.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!